Sunday, November 20, 2011

Why I Started This Blog

There's a quote, often attributed to Winston Churchill, that states, "If you are not a liberal at twenty, you have no heart and if you are not conservative at thirty, you have no brain."  If you subscribe to this standard, I was heartless from Middle School until I reached the age that the brain takes over.



I'm a long-time talk-radio junkie, but the vast majority of my talk-radio experience has been one-way communication.  I've spent countless hours punching "redial" over and over, with my thoughts, insights, and opinions bouncing around in my brain, (and occasionally screamed in the general direction of the radio.)  I finally decided that, this being the internet age, I wasn't dependent on someone else's radio show to let my voice be heard.

Yes, I'm writing what is just one more political blog in a field of millions.  I'm not writing this with dreams of quitting my day job.  I just want to get my thoughts out there, maybe start a discussion, maybe just vent a bit.  I hope to put up 1 or 2 articles a week, but that will just depend on what I'm inspired to write about.  Most of what I write will be dependent on the news of the day, though I do have a few ideas that aren't particularly news-specific have been tossing around for a while.

Just a bit more about myself, in case this ever gets read by anyone who doesn't actually know me in real life:  I consider myself a Constitutional Conservative and an Evangelical Christian.  I'm a husband and father in my early 30's.  I'm an Information Technology professional in the Healthcare Industry; or to put it in plain English, I take care of the phone and computer systems at a Nursing Home.  I'm quite tech-savvy when it comes to fixing thing, but I tend to stick with what works rather than jumping on technological trends - for example, I imagine I'll eventually set up a Twitter feed to go with this blog, but I'll have to learn to use the darn thing first.

No comments:

Post a Comment